Castaway Cay 5k Overview – by Chuck Blades
Castaway Cay is one of my favorite places in the world! From the beautiful beaches and awesome excursions the Island has something for everyone! One of my favorite things to do on the Island is the Castaway Cay 5k! The Castaway Cay 5k has become incredibly popular over the last few years as Run Disney has become an absolutely huge success creating different running events across the country. The Castaway Cay 5k is a really fun event that is a great and unique way to experience Run Disney.
Castaway Cay 5k Tips and Tricks -
Since the 5k has become more popular over the years I thought I would post my tips to make running the 5k a little easier (well maybe not easier on the course but getting there) I’ll post several tips in order to make the process of getting to the race easier!
- Sign up for the Race ahead of time! Don’t wait until race day to sign up as it has become more popular more people are running therefore the logistics of the race have become more difficult by signing up early you are assuring a spot in the 5k!
- Get to the meet up early! The morning of the Race there is a 5k meet up with registration and Course information – The meet is generally in one of the Bars / Lounges depending on the Ship – When arriving make sure to bring your Key to the World Card and if under 18 a permission slip signed by parents or guardians – The 5k runners are the FIRST people off of the ship so as soon as the meet is over its time to head off the ship and onto the island for the start!
- The 5k is a RUN not a morning stroll on the island to take pictures! The Disney Cruise Line Staff was very set on the fact that this was not a walk you had to finish the 5k in 45 minutes for you to get your finish medal!
- Have some of the group get off the ship ASAP! Then go onto the island to get a spot on the beach for the day – (This tip varies depending on the Ship you are on because the Classic ships do not fill up the island quite like the Dream class ships) however I still recommend having at least one person in your party skip the 5k and grab a spot on the beach – They can then put the towels down and come and watch you finish the 5k
- Hydrate during the race! It is run though the middle of the island so it can get a little warm – There are a couple of water stations set up so I recommend drinking when you pass them to make sure you feel great for the day ahead!
- HAVE FUN!!!!
Life can’t get much better than running a 5k in the middle of the ocean on a private island! During the race I kept having to pinch myself because it felt like a “Dream” I mean how blessed am I?? I’m running in the middle of paradise! I am incredibly thankful that I have had the opportunity to run the Castaway Cay 5k and encourage anyone who visits Castaway Cay to do the Same!
We would really appreciate your feedback please comment on our blog Facebook page or any of the other options below!
If you liked this review and would like to read more check out our:
Also visit our website for a free no obligation quote at any time!
Continue to Check our blog for upcoming restaurant, ride and many other reviews!
Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions about traveling to Disney feel free to email me anytime Chuck@goofygetaways.com
Goofy Getaways LLC